Tali Beach Resort is not just another beach in Batangas. It is a resort privately run by couple Jo and Johnny Peña, who used to entertain family and friends before they decided to open their doors to the public. One could say that this beach and dive inn is truly a couples’ if not a family’s ideal resort.
How To Get There
The easiest way to start your vacation in Nasugbu is to rent a van. The resort offers one-way and roundtrip transfers from Manila to Tali Beach:
- P5,000 for one-way
- P8,000 for roundtrip
- Maximum of 4 persons including luggage
If you’re coming in by car, follow these simple directions:
- Take the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) leading to Sta. Rosa exit going to Tagaytay. At the end of Sta. Rosa Road, before entering Tagaytay, make a right turn going to Nasugbu.
- When you reach the sign that says KM 92, prepare for a right turn at the intersection going to Nasugbu town proper.
- You will pass by a bridge, after that a sugar central on the left side, then a Shell station. You will turn right toward Nasugbu.
- Follow the main road till you reach the town of Wawa, till you reach the end. Make a right turn.
- The trail goes uphill and you will pass through other resorts before reaching Tali Beach Resort.
- After passing Maya-Maya resort, you will enter a fork in the road leading to a white guard house, which is the entrance to Tali Beach.
- Make a left turn at Seaside Drive, then turn right on Seashell Drive till you find a house with flags and a high fence. The gate leads to Jo and Johnny’s beach in Batangas.
What to Do There
The primary offering of Jo and Johnny’s Beach and Dive Inn is its diving facilities. The area around Punta Fuego and Tali Beach has favorable dive sites like Loren Beach, Fortune Island, and Twin Island which are suitable for newbies and experts alike. You can rent the 27-foot dive boat, and for beginners, the pool has a deep end for diving lessons. For a minimum of 4 people, here are the rates:
- 2 dives per day at Loren Beach and Twin Island is P3,400 per person, and a third or night dive, additional P1,600
- 2 dives per day with Fortune Island is P4,500 per person, a third or night dive, additional P2,200
- A sanctuary fee of P100 will be charged per diver per day
- Fuel surcharge will also be requested for groups with less than 4 people
- Island hopping tours can be arranged with the boats
- You can also go to Punta Fuego by van for a fee of P200 per person per trip
- Use of pool and changing area for scuba divers including set lunch is P1,000 per person, with check-in time of 8:00AM and check out time of 6:00PM
- Speedboat rental is P5,000 per hour; jet skis and all-terrain rides are also available
Where to Stay
With the growing number of visitors, this beach in Batangas had decided to expand its accommodations and services. Check-in time is 10:00AM and check-out time is 2:00PM the next day. Massage services can be reserved at P450 per hour. Pets are allowed inside the room for a fee of P300 per night for cleaning purposes.
Upper Suites – 4 persons at P5,000 per night
- Lower suites – 4 persons at P4,750 per night
- P500 for additional guests
- Include a sala set, a large refrigerator, a kitchen with all the amenities, private bathroom and bedroom. Use of the barbecue grill is P500.
A maximum of 4 guests can stay at the Manta and Sting Ray rooms:
- Both priced at P4,000 per night
- Includes 2 twin beds and 2 pull-out beds, a bathroom, a mini refrigerator and cable TV. A fifth person will be charged P500 per night.
Seashell and Pebble rooms are also available at P3,500 and P3,000, respectively. These include 2 bunk beds with own bathroom and air-conditioning.
- A laundry and common shower area are open for use outside the rooms.
- Additional guests are not allowed.
- The barbecue grill, 2-burner gas stove, pots, pans, plates, rice cooker, and utensils for P750.
Set meals can be served for all guests at the following prices:
Breakfast – P350 for adults, P200 for children
Lunch – P450 for adults, P300 for children
Dinner – P450 for adults, P300 for children
Drivers and helpers can occupy a bedspace at P300 per person per night. Maid and cleaning services can be availed full time for a fee of P400 per day.
The best thing about Tali Beach Resort is that Jo and Johnny seem to have thought about every little detail to make your stay the most worry-free and memorable.
Photo from datrocks33