Arguably the trailblazer of world-class resorts along the Southern Batangas strip, Punta Fuego is the fruit of an ardent collaboration. Part of the esteemed properties of the Roxas Family, Punta Fuego Batangas is home to 12 beach coves, a 6-kilometer shoreline that faces the West Philippine Sea. The 88 hectares of earth in the shape of a flame was jointly developed by ROXACO Land Corporation and Landco Pacific Corporation, the inspiration of which is Miami’s Fisher Island. In 1998, 61 hectares of land, initially a portion of the Puyat and Pedrosa holdings, then rose to become Terrazas de Punta Fuego. A few years later, the yacht club was built and to the present, the resort is expertly managed by Fuego Hotels and Properties, Inc.
Completed in 2006, the Punta Fuego Yacht Club started with a modest 13 parking slots for its members. However, the growing number of members’ needs eventually gave way to the creation of the South Marina which boasts of 101 vessel parking spaces and 27 floating berths. Other facilities in the yacht club include:
- Exclusive clubhouse
- Locker and shower rooms
- Chart room
- Fueling station
One of the main highlights of the private resort is its array of dining options:
- San Diego – The flagship restaurant located at the main clubhouse serves Intercontinental bistro and gourmet cuisine is served adjacent to the double infinity pool area with a view of the Sunset Cove.
- Barracuda – Overlooking the Marina and the beach area, you can enjoy light snacks and cocktails while lounging in its spray-misted ambiance.
- Café Sol – The modest café situated at the Terrazas de Punta Fuego, grilled dishes, fresh seafood, and colorful paellas are served with refreshing desserts and fruit shakes.
- Il Jardineto – Italian dishes with a twist, this al fresco dining area located at the Lower Beach uses local ingredients like kesong puti and pechay with gnocchi and pasta.
Exclusive privileges are available to all members of Punta Fuego Batangas. Aside from the restaurants and access to the Marina and Yacht Club, the guests can luxuriate in other numerous facilities:
- Mini theater
- Gift Shop
- Ylang-Ylang Spa
- Tennis Court
- Children’s Swimming Pool
- Double Infinity Pool
- Golf Lounge and locker rooms
- Aqua Sports Center – scuba diving, wakeboarding, kayaking, jet skiing equipment
- Biking and Trekking Routes
- The pristine Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel
Weddings and Corporate Banquets
Being a private resort, all wedding reservations are required to undergo endorsements, screening processes and approval. Popular themes for nuptials include the Sunset Beach theme which is done at the Terrazas, the Hawaiian luau party at the Lower Beach, and the customary church rites that are done at the chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe fronting the sea.
For team building activities or corporate launches, the Club offers an assortment of accommodations for its function rooms, depending on the number of participants and the arrangement of seats like the following:
- Theater style
- Classroom style
- Banquet Style
- U-Shape Style
- Rectangular Block
Reservations should be initiated with a formal letter of intent, and are subject to applicable fees. For commercial photography or videos, the approval will have to come from the Board of Directors. Function rooms rented have the following equipment:
- LCD/Overhead Projector
- White Backdrop
- Audio-Visual apparatus
- Wi-Fi Access
Membership and Accommodations
All members are welcome to peruse of the 33 Casitas that are furnished with 2 queen-size beds. These cottages come in groups of 3 and have their own mini garden.
For memberships and billing, you can visit the Punta Fuego Batangas at Balaytigue in Nasugbu, or the main office at the Corporate Center Building along Valero street in Makati City.
Photo from yoodz